Navigation List

Monday, October 7, 2019

CREAMY AVOCADO CITRUS SALAD DRESSING - NO CREAM, NO OIL!

This was an amazing dish that my family loved. I made a few adjustments to it - outcome restuarant quality. I grilled shrimp with a little butter and garlic and added the shrimp on top of the salad. It was amazing. Also on a side note, my husband is not a big fan of melons so for his portion I substituted it with tangerine slices.

I actually changed up the dressing recipe and added red wine instead of the vinegar removed the clove garlic and just used cayenne pepper. It was definitely a keeper... I would try it again!


CREAMY AVOCADO CITRUS SALAD DRESSING - NO CREAM, NO OIL!

INGREDIENTS

1 ripe avocado
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/4. c. honey
3 T. lime juice
1 clove garlic
1/4 c. cilantro
1/2 small jalepeno (or your preference)
1/4 c. water or more, to thin to preference
Salt and pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

Add all to food processor or blender and whiz up about a minute or until smooth and creamy. Add a drizzle of water (for salad dressing) to make it thinner. Keep it thicker to spoon on top of fish or chicken or pasta.

CREAMY AVOCADO CITRUS SALAD DRESSING - NO CREAM, NO OIL!
4/ 5
Oleh