Navigation List

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

BEST GRILLED CHICKEN

The basic ingredients for chicken are really very easy! It's been a staple in our house since I started cooking. Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon, lime, sugar, and a little Dijon are all that is needed to produce some of the best chicken you will burn this summer!

I will give you a little secret.

I have been asked for the recipe for my Roast Chicken recipe many times and made it very close to the vest. This GO TO recipe grills me every time and always will. I waited for winter until summer arrived so I could light a barbeque and slap this chicken on the grill!

When I was really desperate, coming in January, I made it in my grill, but the boy smoked in my house. Plus, it's not the same as being outside on a warm summer night, with drinks in hand, filling the sky with the scent of intoxicating honey chicken on the bbq.

I made a public apology to all of my neighbors who were down. Between my bbq and my husband's obsession with a big fire in a fire pit ... well, maybe I should invite them and after they bite this chicken, they will understand perfectly why we are on good terms with Fire Dept.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except the olive oil
  2. Drizzle in oil very slowly while whisking quickly
  3. Put the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour between 1/2 ~ 3/4 of the marinade over it.
  4. Put the chicken in the fridge and marinate at least 2 hours
  5. Grill chicken over med/high heat and cook until juices run clear
BEST GRILLED CHICKEN
4/ 5
Oleh