Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan

Everyone loves this recipe. Best way to spice up a can of tomato soup! I like to serve this with garlic bread or grilled cheese. Yum! Add milk or water if soup is too thick. Delicious! I doubled the recipe and added one can of water and one can of half and half. I also added some gnocchi and a smattering of red pepper flakes. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. This was really fast and really good. 

Like others I modified this a bit, but it was great! Changes I made were minor, left out the rosemary (not something our family enjoys), and I added a can of diced Italain style tomatoes that I blended with an immerison blender before adding. I also added one can of no fat 1/2 and 1/2. Everything else was the same and this is a great soup.


Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan

I wanted to fix something other than just plain tomato soup from a can. So I gave this recipe a try and the family loved it! Note: Just be sure to add 1 can of water to the recipe. I played with the recipe abit and added a can of chopped tomatoes. the results were souper! Every bit as tasty as the fancy tomato basil soup from a fine restaraunt.



Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan
4/ 5
Oleh