Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce

Easy, but delicious. Great for those watching their diet and for those that want a decent feast! Serve with vermicelli noodles, new potatoes, or salad. After traveling for weeks I missed cooking, but more than that, I craved a good, home-cooked meal. Tonight’s dinner, with this entrĂ©e, exceeded my hopes and my expectations. What an incredible dish, very similar to one I had recently in Rome, Italy. 


Everything about this recipe is spot on, from the ingredients list to the cooking method, to the timing. Great recipe! Not difficult to make, very healthy, and everyone loved it! I used a 14-oz can of diced tomatoes, left out the prawns, added some green olives, and used a pound of fish, which made four servings. Grilled veggies with some balsamic vinegar were the perfect side dish. Crusty dinner rolls were great for sopping up the yummy pan juices. Would make a great dinner party dish. This is a great recipe. I've made it for a number of people and everybody loves it. 




The only change I made was I used canned stewed tomatoes instead of cooking fresh tomatoes.Made this tonight for a husband who doesn't like fish, and even he enjoyed the cod! I didn't have prawns and just made it as the recipe called for, though next time I'll use olive oil instead of vegetable. Also, I substituted a couple dashes of red cayenne for the red chili pepper, so it still had a kid. Excellent & will make this again. 


 Recipe >>> Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce @ bakerbynature.com

Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce
4/ 5
Oleh