Navigation List

Friday, October 25, 2019

CHICKEN BURGERS WITH AVOCADO CORN SALSA

This is one of my go-to dishes, especially for parties. I always receive compliments and never have left-overs! Like other reviews have suggested, I also add in a can of black beans. Quick tip: soap and water won't take the residue from the jalapenos off your hands, but olive oil will. Just rub some on your hands, then wash and dry.

I made this for an appetizer for a dinner with friends and everyone loved it. I made a few changes, though... I used a can of corn instead of fresh and added 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of black bean, drained and rinsed. I left out the red bell pepper and the red pepper flakes because I didn't have them on hand. I also used a yellow onion instead of red because that's what I had. I used less (about half)cilantro because I didn't want it to be too strong. I could taste it but it wasn't overpowering. I mixed everything but the avocado together and put it in the fridge for an hour or two while I prepared the rest of the dinner. Just before serving, I added the avocado. YUM!!


Chicken Burgers with Avocado Corn Salsa

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-20 minutes

INGREDIENTS

For the Chicken Burgers
1 1/2  lb ground chicken meat (I prefer thighs)
2 scallions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Gouda, provolone)
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

For the Avocado Corn Salsa
1 large avocado, sliced
1 ear of fresh corn, husks and silks removed
1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tbsp olive oil
 salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lime, juiced

INSTRUCTIONS

Chicken Burgers
  • Place the chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Add shredded cheese, chopped scallions, mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
  • Using 1/2 cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form round shaped patties.
  • Using outdoor grill or a grill pan, cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
  • While the burgers are grilling, prepare the Avocado Corn Salsa.

Avocado Corn Salsa
  • Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
  • Place the corn kernels, sliced avocado and cilantro into a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
  • Serve this Avocado Corn Salsa atop the Chicken Burgers.


CHICKEN BURGERS WITH AVOCADO CORN SALSA
4/ 5
Oleh