Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

DORITOS TACO SALAD

It is a bit random and there are several different variations of it that you can make, so feel free to adapt it to your taste. This is one of my absolute favorite ways to make taco salad. When I make it, I use  and homemade taco seasoning. Though I've made it with ranch dressing , my family really prefers it with a "dressing" made from salsa and sour cream. You can easily make this into "Walking Taco Salad" by using the lunch-bag sized Doritos. You just crumble up the chips inside the bag, open it up and add your ingredients to the inside of the bag.

  Left the meat hot and assembled and served this straight away because we like the chips crunchy, the lettuce crisp, and black beans. I drizzled the dressings over rather than toss it all together. My husband did not like the Ranch Dressing and I thought the Italian gave this an odd twang. I would skip those next time and use a sour cream/salsa mix instead like I usually do. Sort of a southwest sour cream sauce. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal without heating up the whole kitchen.


DORITOS TACO SALAD

This was a great excuse to eat Doritos! Since they are in a salad I didn't feel guilty eating them. I think this is a really fun salad for kids and it tasted great.Some people add kidney beans and black olives to theirs. We don't care for that. This recipe is easy peasy and very yummy.



DORITOS TACO SALAD
4/ 5
Oleh