Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

SAUSAGE, PEPPER AND RICE SKILLET

Dinner's on the table in no time with this one-skillet sausage and veggie dish served over rice.I used all fresh vegetables, minced the garlic instead of crushed, double the tomatoe sauce, regular rice cooked in chicken broth (no instant) and did more of a layering with the rice. Absolutely delicious! :-) It did take longer than the recipe called for, but I don't mind that with the end result being sooo tasty! My husband raved about it and my three year old ate it all! Definitely will make again.

Easy to make, but bland. I managed to salvage it by adding some salt, pepper, and some Creole seasoning I had in my pantry.I added seasoning (garlic powder, basil, Cholula) and some spinach, along with the whole 8oz can of tomato sauce. Absolutely delicious!


SAUSAGE, PEPPER AND RICE SKILLET

I thought I put too much work into it for it to be so bland. I used low salt chicken broth, and I think additional spices (not necessarily salt) would really elevate this dish. My daughter liked this, so I will make it again, but next time I will add spices and reduce the oil.



SAUSAGE, PEPPER AND RICE SKILLET
4/ 5
Oleh