Navigation List

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Ghirardelli Chocolate and Strawberries Cupcakes

These are delicious! They came out really moist with a only a light nice coffee flavor, definitely not too strong as I had feared because I was using espresso. This is a godsend considering I was having a hard time finding a cupcake recipe without shortening that didn't just taste like butter. I didn't use the frosting but a simple buttercream.

These cupcakes are amazing! Moist and chocolaty, I followed the recipe to a T, using strong espresso and Granulated sugar. It's the Spanish equivalent to Ghirardelli. My frosting is perfect and I don't even like frosting! Fantastico! If you love Ghirardelli Chocolate then this is the cupcake for you.

I made a double batch, I used instant coffee with1/4 cup water and melted semisweet chocolate with the butter to make up the liquid volume, and used cream instead of milk. These came out dense and fudgy, with flat tops but tasted absolutely amazing. They needed the better part of the day to set up so they kept shape but once icing was on no one knew and recieved rave reviews from everyone who had them.

Ghirardelli Chocolate and Strawberries Cupcakes
4/ 5
Oleh