Navigation List

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip

Quick and easy recipe. I like it better than the prepackaged stuff. As soon as I saw 2 tablespoons of sugar for one cup of milk I knew it would be too sweet so I used 1 tablespoon of sugar. It still was too sweet so next time I make it I will less than a tablespoon of sugar. I am also going to increase the cocoa amount a little bit. I will add cinnamon as suggested by someone else here. Eventually I will have a perfect and easy recipe for hot cocoa.

I have been making this recipe for about a year now-- it is the best cocoa recipe I have found. I like making it for the kids after school on cold days like today. I use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa (the regular stuff doesn't taste chocolatey enough to me). I also skip the vanilla and instead use a teaspoon of vanilla caramel liquid coffee creamer-- it adds a little depth to the flavor of the cocoa. It also tastes fine if you leave out the vanilla and give away the dry mix as a gift.
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip

Prep Time: 5 minutes

INGREDIENTS

4 (.73 oz) envelopes hot cocoa mix without marshmallows
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
4 oz. cool whip, thawed
2 -3 T. vanilla mallow bits

INSTRUCTIONS
  • In a medium mixing bowl, add in the hot cocoa mix and cream cheese. Mix on medium with a hand mixer until thoroughly incorporated.
  • Add in the cool whip and continue to beat until combined.
  • Scoop into a serving bowl and top with vanilla mallow bits. Serve with cookies.
  • Store in the refrigerator.
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip
4/ 5
Oleh