Navigation List

Friday, October 25, 2019

OREO CHEESECAKE DOUGHNUTS

I made these for my husband's birthday and they were AWESOME. I added a tablespoon of vanilla extract and I dipped the oreos in melted butter before I put them in the cups. They cooked up just like a crust (which is just cookie and butter to start with). 20 minutes for delicious mini cheesecakes can't be beat!

I was seriously craving cheesecake last night but all I had was one package of cream cheese and some oreos. I halved the recipe to make 6 and since I had no patience to wait 3 hours for it to cool I stuck them in the freezer for a bit. I didn't bother with the cool whip or chocolate drizzle (since I planned on scarfing 3 before bed) and I still feel amazing. Easy to make and delicious!

OREO CHEESECAKE DOUGHNUTS
PREP TIME : 15 mins
COOK TIME : 20 mins
TOTAL TIME : 35 mins

INGREDIENTS

Package of original refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
About 30 oz bottle of vegetable oil for frying
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup white granulated sugar
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp heavy cream
¾ cup powder sugar
2½ Tbsp heavy cream
10-12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oil in a fryer, dutch oven or a medium sauce pot to 340-350°F. (If using a pot on a stove top, I recommend a medium setting.)
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
  • Chop Oreo cookies and place them into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
  • In another wide and shallow bowl, whisk powder sugar and 2½ tbsp of heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
  • Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and carefully take them apart. Fry biscuits, 2-3 at a time, until golden brown. Flip to the other side and fry until that side is golden brown as well.
  • Place some paper towels under a wire rack. Take out cooked doughnuts and place them on the wire rack to cool.
  • Let doughnuts cool for a couple of minutes. Then, fill each doughnut with some cheesecake mixture from the piping bag.
  • Dip each doughnut top in the glaze first and then, dip them in crushed Oreo cookies.
  • Repeat with all the doughnuts.

OREO CHEESECAKE DOUGHNUTS
4/ 5
Oleh