Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

QUINOA CRUSTED TOFU NUGGETS (TOFU"CHICKEN" NUGGETS)

Extra-firm tofu and breading give these nuggets the texture of real chicken, and the sauce is just a yummy bonus.I really liked all of the different flavors going on however I wasn't thrilled with them all being blended together into a puree. Not only was the color not very appetizing, it stayed mushy inside the egg roll. If I were to make these again I'd mince some of the veggies and fold them into the tofu mixture. Again, great flavor but not a great execution

Aside from the draining time, this is a quick and flavorful recipe. Simple ingredients that I always have on hand. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare tofu. I marinated my tofu (that I'd weighted b/t paper-towel lined plates and a cast-iron skillet) in its 6 slices overnight, but I wish that I'd cut them into cubes so that they could've absorbed more flavor, and also had more surface area for baking


QUINOA CRUSTED TOFU NUGGETS (TOFU"CHICKEN" NUGGETS)

These are really easy and taste great! Kids love them!WOW- much better than I anticipated- although next time I will reduce the salt. The batter looked too thin to me, but actually came out great. I think they would be better with a little seasoning like onion/garlic powder. Used an electric skillet with about an inch of corn oil. Great recipe! Tastes like something you'd eat in a restaurant. I will definitely make this again. 


QUINOA CRUSTED TOFU NUGGETS (TOFU"CHICKEN" NUGGETS)
4/ 5
Oleh