Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

CHEESE DANISH

This recipe makes the best cream cheese Danish I have ever tasted. It is very simple to make.This is wonderful, I've been making it for several years using the flaky Pillsbury crescent rolls. The recipe as published here makes too much filling for a single batch. I use one package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 TBSP sour cream and it turns out perfect every time. In the frosting, I use half & half instead of milk and add 1/4 tsp almond flavoring. You'd never know this danish wasn't made in a fine bakery. I am asked for the recipe every time I make it.

Loved the filling, but I don't like canned dough. What I did use was puffed pastry and once philo. I rolled out puffed pastry then cut in 4 inch squares, put a tablespoon of filling in centre and pinched opposit corners baked 15 minutes in a 400F oven delious. Philo is just as easy. Unroll thawed pastry cut in 5 inch squares put into muffin pans then a spoon of filling. Taste is much better and realy not much more work with frozen puff and pholo pastry. Finish both with a sprinkle of powered sugar



er flattening the middles, I could put almost a tablespoonful of cream cheese filling in the center of each. I reduced the filling amount by half and still had more than I needed. (I just refrigerated the extra; I KNOW I will be making these again soon.) I drizzled each individual danish with the glaze. This was a wonderful addition to the buffet set out for a breakfast meeting. Not a single crumb left. My next experiment will be to add a spoon of blueberry pie filling along side the spoon of cream cheese mixture. My local bakery makes awesome blueberry cream cheese danishes.


CHEESE DANISH
4/ 5
Oleh