Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

SLOW COOKER LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN

Seasoned, browned chicken breasts slow cooked with lemon juice, garlic, and chicken bouillon. A wonderful 'fix and forget' recipe that is easy and pleases just about everyone. Great served with rice or pasta, or even alone.I also added a little white wine, the garlic and a shallot to deglaze the pan b4 adding the water/spice mixture. Even then, I had to add about a cup more water while it was cooking. I also dredged the chik breasts in a lemon pepper seasoning in addition to the oregono. I omitted all the salt from the recipe too, since boulion is so salty. Made the leftover broth into gravy, cooked up the Uncle Bens Chicken rice, and dinner was AbFab!! I will def be making this again!

This chicken is truly delicious. I have made this recipe four or five times already, it's definitely a keeper. It doesn't make much extra sauce so if you want some to scoop over potatoes or pasta you should double the sauce. The only thing I do differently is I use boneless skinless chicken tenders instead of chicken breast halves. The chicken pieces are smaller which allows them to soak up more of the juices and seasonings making them very flavorful and tender. I have also added sliced mushrooms... yum.


SLOW COOKER LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN

I love strong flavors and was tempted to add more, but my 6 tablespoons was bordering on too bitter - excellent though! Also turned the extra juice into gravy for veggies and it was yummy, with side of chicken couscous!What a dish! I doubled the spices except the garlic and used the juice of an entire lemon, and used chicken stock instead of water/boullion, using enough stock to almost cover chicken. 



SLOW COOKER LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
4/ 5
Oleh