Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

THE BEST HOMEMADE POPPY SEED DRESSING

I have been looking for the perfect dressing for a chicken and strawberry salad and this is it. Finally! I have purchased every poppy seed dressing or dry mix for years only to be disappointed by the overpowering flavour of raw onions and the presence of odd ingredients like dried flowers or Worcestershire sauce. I made this recipe with skim milk and substituted two tablespoons of the sugar for honey because I love the honey and mayo combo in dressings. I know this will become a regular in my house.

Delicious! I am tired of store bought bottled dressings and I was looking for a simple poppy seed dressing to make with things on hand- this was it! I scaled back the recipe to only 4 servings. I used lowfat/light mayo, 1% milk, and cider vinegar (no white wine vinegar). I used the dressing on a mixed spinach, lettuce salad with strawberries, left over roaster chicken, feta cheese, and almonds- I kept telling my husband this is the best salad I ever ate. Definitely I will make this one again.

THE BEST HOMEMADE POPPY SEED DRESSING





INGREDIENTS

¾ C. White Vinegar
1½ C. Canola Oil
¾ C. Sugar
2 T. White or Yellow onion(I just eyeball a chunk of onion)
1¼ T. Salt
¾ t. Dry Mustard
1½ T. Poppy Seeds

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place all ingredients except for the poppyseeds in a blender.
  • Blend on high for at least 1 minute, or until the onion is fully chopped up and emulsified into the dressing.
  • Add the poppy seeds and pulse a few times until incorporated into the dressing.
  • Refrigerate.


THE BEST HOMEMADE POPPY SEED DRESSING
4/ 5
Oleh