Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

AVOCADO DRESSING AND DIP

We really liked this dressing! I'll definitely be making it again. We were fortunate to have home-grown Reed avocados from our friends' orchard on hand. They are extra buttery-tasting and have a wonderful texture. After blending the ingredients, I did thin it down just a bit for dressing.

I LOVE this recipe - not as a salad dressing, but more as a sauce/dip mix. I added a pinch of cumin as we were having tacos that nite, and those tacos, made with Charley's Mexican Meat, and topped with this and pico de gallo were simply to DIE for. Lovely subtle avocado taste that was the perfect contast to an otherwise spicy meal.

Great as a dip with veggies and tortilla chips - this is def a keeper. Oh! The first time I made this, I was out of sour cream and used all mayo. Let me tell you, after one taste, my hubby and I both looked at one another and said "deviled eggs". We tried it as a filling for hard boiled eggs and they were devoured in a matter of minutes.
AVOCADO DRESSING AND DIP




INGREDIENTS

1 ripe Avocado
½ fresh Lime, juiced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon cumin
seasoning salt to taste

For dressing
½ Cup Buttermilk (see note below for substitution)

For dip
¼ Cup Buttermilk or Soured Milk (see note below)

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
  • Adjust the amount of buttermilk to get desired consistency.


AVOCADO DRESSING AND DIP
4/ 5
Oleh