Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

GREEK YOGURT CREAM CHEESE LEMON COFFEE CAKE

This is a no-bake Greek yogurt cheesecake. Use any variety of berry for the topping. You can also refrigerate the lemon coffe topping for 1 hour before serving so the sauce can 'set'. The sauce keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator or can be frozen. Hubby LOVES greek yoghurt cream cheese and he loves lemon coffe cake. I was sure he'd love this, but we both agree it was only so-so.

I love the flavor of the cheesecake filling -- I used a graham cracker crust, which I think will work fine. I like that the recipe follows a standard cheesecake base. I also like that it's no-bake and look forward to slicing into it tomorrow :) Also, the use of lemon coffe is fantastic with the greek yogurt. I used a thick greek yoghurt instead of a cream.



Using cream, as directed, will definitely improve texture, but I'm not sure by how much. Hubby felt like the yogurt taste was too strong, too. I think the brand of yogurt is key to the success of this recipe, both for texture and flavor. 


GREEK YOGURT CREAM CHEESE LEMON COFFEE CAKE
4/ 5
Oleh