Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN

A combination of corned beef, potatoes, and onions. A quick and easy meal. I made a corned beef brisket on Sunday, I had more than half of it left and my hubby asked for me to make corned beef hash. I never made it much less ate it before, so I came on allrecipes in search of some help. This got huge raves from my hubby he told me he was so spoiled by this that he could never go back to the can hash again.


Very good. Use 3 potatoes, instead of 6. Use a large onion, instead of a small. Keep the amount of liquid. Stir a few times during the cooking time.I made this with some leftover corned beef. I probably had about a pound of corned beef but only used 2 large (they were big) potatoes and the entire 14 oz can of beef broth. Chopped up a medium sized yellow onion. I let it cook for 15 minutes covered, then took the cover off for about another 15 so it could get a little crispy and cook out the liquid. Served with over easy eggs on top. Delicious! This fed 4 adults with good sized portions. 


SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN

I also reduced amount of potatoes, increased amount of onion, but found I also had to double the amount of broth. Great way to use leftovers!This turned out exactly as I expected and was a great corned beef hash. My husband loved it. I did use a little more liquid and less potatoes as others suggested. It was great!



SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
4/ 5
Oleh