Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Summer Corn Salad

This summer salad of grilled corn, red pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes is great served warm or at room temperature. It has lots of flavor!Delicious! I cut the recipe in half to give this a try and I'm glad I did. I used olive oil vs. melted butter and added a pinch of sugar to the lime juice. I also used minced garlic vs. garlic powder. Overall, very good!

Such a great recipe. I did use canned sundried tomatoes, and it was still awesome! Even my 2year old loved it, I think its the lime that really adds the yummy flavor. This salad takes a little bit of effort but is well worth it. This by far is one of the best ways to serve corn. Between the lime juice and the cracked pepper it really has a bite to it.I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes so I cut some grape tomatoes in half and grilled them and then folded them into the corn right before serving.


Summer Corn Salad
Our family loves this! I used my favorite sweet white corn from Maryland's Eastern Shore that's been blanched and frozen. I boiled it with butter, salt, water, then drained and spread in a disposable tin pan & placed on the grill for a while. Then prepared by the recipe. Next time, I'd definitely use way less lime. But... Very tasty side dish!


Summer Corn Salad
4/ 5
Oleh