Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD

I made this recipe for a friends Mexican pot-luck night and it was great. I could not find Cotija cheese so I used grated Minas cheese instead and it worked perfectly..Good corn recipe, very easy. Only problem that I had was that the cheese melted and clumped together, so it did not lend too much flavor. Next time I will just pass the cheese around for everyone to top their corn with, and I will cut back just a tad on the lime juice, I did use the full 2 tablespoons, next time I'll try 1 1/2 tablespoons. I added about 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro as well because I love cilantro. I served this with grilled steaks, the liquid from the corn ran onto the steaks, and my wife loved the combination of the sauce and the steak.

Just had this. Great flavor combo. I altered the construction in that I layered the mayo, then cheese, and lastly hot sauce (instead of ground red pepper) on top of the seasoned corn. Didn't miss the butter. Also made this flavor combo using stove top cooked corn on the cob, rolling the cob in mayo (just enough sticks) then sprinkle on the cheese and sauce.


SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD

This is sooooo good I made it two nights in a row! I used frozen corn (personal preference) however this recipe only served 3. Loved the lime juice. Will make again and again.


SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD
4/ 5
Oleh