Navigation List

Sunday, September 29, 2019

SPICY BEEF NOODLE SOUP

This delicious soup was a favorite of mine while attending college. My family has been enjoying it ever since! Very easy and quick to make. It includes stew meat, mixed vegetables and egg noodles in a beef broth base. 

The only major thing I changed was eliminating the water and beef boullion and using low salt beef broth. After browning my beef and vegies I put everything into my crock pot. For those who mentioned that the meat was tough, the slow cooker seemed to be the answer. I always add more seasonings (garlic and onion powder) and I boiled my egg noodles in a separate sauce pan and then added them to the slow cooker at the very end.

 SPICY BEEF NOODLE SOUP

This soup is delicious. I sauteed everything up the night before and let it simmer in the crockpot the following day, adding the noodles at the end. I think the egg noodles make this dish. Even the husband liked it. We've put it in the "keeper" pile of recipes. I did up the amount of water - up to 7 cups - that seems to be about right for us.



SPICY BEEF NOODLE SOUP
4/ 5
Oleh