Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD COOKIES

This cookie is incredible. It's so rich and tasty. I cannot tell how many times I get asked for this recipe. Everyone loves it and it's easy to make. These keep very well. You can make dough ahead time and freeze it. Defrost when ready to use and follow baking instructions. Great cookie for the holidays.

This is a delicious, crisp, buttery, chocolately cookie! I used salted butter because that is what I had. I didn't have any nuts, so I didn't use them either. Despite these changes the cookies were still wonderful! The cookies looked raw after baking them 25 minutes, but I took them out anyway and put them on the cooling rack. After about 15 minutes, they were crisp and still warm. My husband brought some to his friends at work and they loved them! I plan on doubling the recipe next time :)


CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD COOKIES

This cookie is a delicious, decadent treat. Besides being a cookie that freezes well, it mails well too! Because I frequently makes "care packages" to send to friends who are all over the world, finding a mail able cookie recipe is a definite plus! I will make these cookies often.One thing I can say is that, with the butter and sugar I beat it very, very well to make sure I got a nice, fluffy cookie. A lot of choc chip cookie recipes will say to cream the butter and sugar but I beat the butter and sugar together within an inch of it's life. I also used salted butter and it was fine.



CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD COOKIES
4/ 5
Oleh