Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

CHRISTMAS DESSERTS: CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY CHRISTMAS TREE

Forget the double boiler. Put the chocolate/shortening in the microwave. Zap it for 30 seconds. Stir. Zap it for 30 more seconds. Done. Dip your berries. This recipe covered 30 healthy-sized berries for me. Enjoy! A good rule of thumb to remember is 1 Tablespoon of shortening for every 1 Cup of chocolate chips. I used semi-sweet chips. I decorated the berries with 1/3 Cup melted white chips. I put the melted chips in a ziploc bag, poked a hole in one of the corners and squeezed the chocolate onto the berries.

I have always made these using a chocolate ganache. I found this works equally as well. Gorgeous, and so easy "even a cave man can do it!" Finishing them by drizzling melted white chocolate over them only makes them that much more beautiful. The only challenge is finding the prettiest, jumbo strawberries which, in my market anyway, is usually and unfortunately only around the holidays.

For everyone that doesn't have a double boiler- you can easily make one with a saucepan and a glass or metal bowl. Just put abut an inch of water in your saucepan, let it come to a boil. Then set your bowl(must be bigger than the top of pan) on top of that~ and Voila.

CHRISTMAS DESSERTS: CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY CHRISTMAS TREE
4/ 5
Oleh