Navigation List

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Frozen Oreo Pudding Cake

This is perfect. First off, I also reduced the amount of cream cheese by half, so it adds body but not too much tangy flavor. Second, I hate the synthetic taste of Cool Whip, so I use real whipped cream, or at least Reddi Whip. Finally (and I know this is a matter of opinion) I prefer it after 24 hours in the fridge, when the Oreos have gotten softer and more cake-like. My kids, however, prefer them same-day crunchy. I had no trouble covering the bottom of a 9x13 pan with the cookies, but I think it helps to grind them finer than the recipe suggests.

Absolutely delicious! The only change I made was to use real whipped cream instead of cool whip. To make the whipped cream, use 3 cups of whipping cream (this will make about 6 cups of whipped cream, corresponding to 16 oz cool whip) with a tsp of vanilla and a few tsp of sugar mixed in. Also, I used the full amount of cream cheese listed in the recipe. I definitely recommend using the entire 2 pkgs of cream cheese. It's not tangy at all, and I think the recipe would be lacking without the cream cheese. I used vanilla pudding, but I'm sure chocolate would also taste good. Highly recommend this dessert, even though it's not healthy!

This was a good basic recipe to play off of. I made the following changes to suit our taste: Cut back cream cheese in half (only 1 pkg). Added vanilla extract to cream cheese picture. Used chocolate pudding but make the pudding as if you are using it for a pudding pie, cut back on the milk. It will hold together better. I processed the cookies a bit more, almost to crumbs. I assembled the layers in a pie pan as follows: Cookie/butter mixture on the bottom, followed by cream cheese mixture, followed by more cookie crumbs, and I added a little milk to soften the cookies. On top of that I added chocolate pudding, and finished with cool whip, chocolate cookies. It was great, it stayed together and cut perfectly.
Frozen Oreo Pudding Cake

INGREDIENTS

4 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 -8 oz. package Cool Whip, thawed
1 3.4 oz package Instant Chocolate Pudding
Milk as called for on the pudding package
Approx. 18 Oreos, crushed

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until fluffy. Gently stir in the Cool Whip. Remove about 1½ cups of the Cool Whip Mixture (about half) to a small bowl and place in the fridge.
  • In a medium bowl, whip pudding and milk according to package directions. Gently fold in the remaining Cool Whip mixture.
  • Line an 8" x 4" loaf pan with foil or parchment paper. Pour chocolate pudding mixture into the pan, filling about ⅔ of the way. Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos over the chocolate pudding mixture. Gently spread Cool Whip mixture over the Oreos. Top with remaining cookies.
  • Cover with foil and place in the freezer for at least two hours, or preferably overnight.


Frozen Oreo Pudding Cake
4/ 5
Oleh