Navigation List

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Avocado Frosting

This recipe was absolutely AMAZING. As other reviewers suggested, I nixed the oil completely. I also only used 1 cup of brown sugar and no salt ("healthy" brownies) and I used almond milk instead of soy. HEAVENLY. I only recently started cooking vegan, so I know what normal brownies taste like. These are comparable if not better! And less guilty! They're perfectly flavored, extremely moist but not too heavy, and delightfully fudgey. I could rave on! Mine are only 245 calories a brownie. I will definitely be making these again!!!!

I wasn't necessarily lookin for a vegan recipe, but was very interested in trying it with avocado. I read the reviews and omitted the oil all together. I made a few changes only for personal preference. Since I wasn't necessarily looking for a vegan recipe I used unbleached white flour instead of the whole wheat. I used dark brown sugar and cut it in half, instead of white sugar and I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. Im not sure how these changes affected this being vegan, but they were so delicious that everyone ate all my brownies. I am looking forward to experimenting with different flavors.
Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Avocado Frosting



INGREDIENTS

300 g dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2 medium hass avocados, pitted and peeled
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour

For the Avocado Frosting
One medium sized hass avocado, pitted and peeled
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp maple syrup

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Line the base and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
  • Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water.
  • Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
  • Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
  • Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
  • Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
  • Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
  • Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
For the Avocado Frosting
  • Place frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender along with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
  • Process/Blend, scraping down the sides as needed until very smooth.
  • Add more cocoa powder or maple syrup if needed to taste.
  • Spread over completely cooled brownies.

  • Cut the brownie into 24 pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.


Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Avocado Frosting
4/ 5
Oleh