Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

HEALTHY COCONUT STRAWBERRY BANANA “ICE CREAM”

This vibrant frozen dessert offers fresh berry flavor at its best, Creamy, full of flavor, and simply delicious. Don't be tempted to reduce the amount of strawberries, even while it may seem too much. The corn syrup acts as a stabilizer, and reduces crystalization, so I'll be curious to see how this ice cream fares after a few days. It was the perfect combination. This is intensely strawberry with a beautiful, vibrant color. I am anxious to try this with coconut and banana!

This is very good if you want a basic, lovely strawberry ice cream recipe. I love to make ice cream and have been making it for many years. The only thing I would say is that you will need to stir your custard as it is heating. Remember to not let it boil! If you do not stir, your yolk will not properly incorporate and you will get cooked egg lumps. I imagine this is why she added the seive step. You will not need to draw it through a seive if you stir and keep the ingredients together. It will not take 5 minutes when you continually stir it. It is probably closer to about 15 to 20 before it coats the back of a spoon. 


HEALTHY COCONUT STRAWBERRY BANANA “ICE CREAM”

It will give you a nice creamy texture and the ice cream will be very smooth with bananan and coconut. I promise! :) I also added fresh cut strawberries to the mixture at the last five minutes of my ice cream machine's cycle. Many times the metal gets too cold and the mixture will stick to the insides like a sorbet. This did not happen with this recipe! I had perfect, flavorful ice cream. This recipe is also a good base for other flavors of ice cream, and not just of the berry variety.


HEALTHY COCONUT STRAWBERRY BANANA “ICE CREAM”
4/ 5
Oleh