Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

HEALTHY RICE PUDDING

The key to making rice pudding healthier is using brown rice instead of white. It's delicious and nutritious. This is a wonderful recipe! I made it yesterday morning with left-over b rice. I used 1% milk, was short of raisins so added dried cranberries to make the right amount and added a couple of shakes of cinnamon . just like Mom used to make! Very creamy and yummy!

I changed it a bit. I used unsweetened almond milk instead of cow's milk, omitted the butter entirely, and only used 1/4 cup of sugar, which was more than enough. I also left out raisins because I don't like them, I tempered the egg first with the last 1/2 cup of milk. This recipe turned out great and everyone in the house loved it. Next time I will have to double the recipe!


HEALTHY RICE PUDDING

Very surprised this turned out great as I usually have trouble with brown rice turning out crunchy. I think maybe the key is instead of simmering the rice like I usually do that I followed this recipe and cooked on medium-low. VERY good. I added cinnamon.This is absolutely delicious. Hard to believe it is low fat. 


HEALTHY RICE PUDDING
4/ 5
Oleh