Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

TRES LEACHES BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILA CREAM SAUCE

A friend of mine requested a tres leches cake that wasn't soggy but full of flavor that could be decorated. This is what I came up with. Fill cake with vanilla cream mousse filling and top with your favorite buttercream recipe. It is by far the best tres leches recipe that I have come across. I first made it when I was looking for a cake for my daughter's birthday. Having grown up on these I went in search for one. Needless to say the bakeries are charging an arm and a leg so I decided to try one myself.

This recipe produces a cake that is perfect to decorate unlike traditional tres leches that are soggy and cant support layers or decorations. The filling is super simple to whip up and delicious. I've been covering it with a stabilized whipped cream frosting and then decorating. It has been a hit everytime.


TRES LEACHES BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILA CREAM SAUCE

Frosted and made a perfect birthday cake even without the tres leches! Will try the rest of the recipe next time I'm in the states and can get all the ingredients! Huge hit at work! Will definitely do this one again! My maid of honor and I spent a week baking up and freezing thirteen of these cakes. It turned out DELICIOUS and saved me over eight hundred dollars on wedding funds. All of the wedding cakes we sampled were somewhat dry and not nearly as tasty as they were pretty... This on the other hand, still gets me compliments when I run into friends.


TRES LEACHES BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILA CREAM SAUCE
4/ 5
Oleh