Navigation List

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I am so glad to had a time for make this cookie. The first batch that I made, I made it exactly per the directions. The second batch, I adjusted slightly and liked the overall outcome much more. Rather than putting the caramel on top of the cookie, I buried it in the middle. And as other reviews stated, I added additional salt. For the cookie recipe, I used exactly what was called for. But before baking, I sprinkled some kosher salt on top. This made all the difference.

I loved this recipe! The caramels (I used soft squares and cut them up) all melted on the cookie, so they're not gorgeous, but it was delicious. Next time, I'll use another teaspoon of salt and only 1 maybe 1.5 cups of chocolate chips, 2 was too many but otherwise, crazy delicious cookie!

I made those yesterday with no chocolate chips, I just wanted this caramel-salt flavor. They are so fast to make, and amazing to eat with some warm milk. I had some milky caramels I chopped and used. I am going to use this recipe a lot in the future!

I made these exactly as written and was pleasantly surprised by how delicious they were! Wonderful recipe, very tasty cookies. I used scissors to cut the caramels as suggested by an earlier post which made it very easy and quick. These are my husbands new favorite cookies, will be making time and time again.


Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



INGREDIETNS

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
10 ounces soft caramels, unwrapped
1 teaspoon flaked sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with foil and liberally coat with nonstick cooking spray.
  • In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the softened butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix well, then scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
  • Turn the speed to low and add the flour. Beat to combine, then mix in the chocolate chips.
  • Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
  • In a medium sauce pot, add the sweetened condensed milk and unwrapped caramels. Set over medium-low heat and stir until the caramels melt, making a smooth caramel filling. Pour the filling over the cookie dough base.
  • Drop the remaining cookie dough over the caramel filling in small teaspoons-sized clumps. Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes, until the center is just set.
  • Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and allow the bars to cool completely. Then lift the bars out of the pan by the edges of the foil and cut. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.


Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
4/ 5
Oleh