Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

CRISPY CHEESE AND BACON POTATOES

These potatoes are hard to resist with their crispy roasted outsides and creamy delicious insides. I learned to shake the boiled potatoes before baking from an English caterer. Try it! It makes a difference. I was looking for a loaded baked potato/home fries, and this filled the bill. I microwaved the peeled, raw cubes for about 6 minutes rather than boiling. Then followed the directions completely. My family was ecstatic! I should have served sour cream - they were that authentic.

It's fabulous and your family will thank you.Potatoes, cheese and bacon--a great combination! Serve with sour cream if you so desire.I made these a few weeks ago and my hubby and I loved them. Today I wanted a single serving and didn't want to heat the oven to bake just one potato. I sliced one russet potato thinly and fried in a skillet (with butter) for about 5-7 minutes until they were tender and browned, then put the toppings on and covered the skillet for about 2 minutes until the cheese melted. They were perfect and saved a lot of time and I didn't have to heat up the house with the oven.


CRISPY CHEESE AND BACON POTATOES

these were really good and simple to make, the only thing i would do different is make sure that the sheet that i cook them on is well greased with butter, i found that they stuck to it and i would salt the potaotes to give more flavor. but deffinitely a keeper.



CRISPY CHEESE AND BACON POTATOES
4/ 5
Oleh