Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BARS

Yummy oat bars filled with a gooey layer of caramel and chocolate!This is one of the best Caramel Bar recipes I have made. These are simply delicious and easy to make. I would suggest not spreading the caramel mixture clear to the edge of the pan, as it bubbles over the crust and becomes a bit harder. I had to trim about 1" of the outside crust, where the caramel was tough.

I used milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chips, AND Heath Toffee bits. I did make them in the 9x13 pan, which works well. It does make the topping a little scattered on top, but it's OK, it just shows you the ribbons of caramel and chocolate that lie underneath...yummy!


SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BARS

I ended up using flax seed flour b/c I had no all-purpose on hand. Worked out WELL (plus I felt less guilty). :p Next time I'm going to replace the chocolate w/carob. The chocolate and caramel were a bit sweet to me. Like others I doubled most ingredients, but not the nuts. I just used a bag of chocolate chunks and bag of packaged caramels. Yummy thru and thru. These keep well in the freezer if wrapped individually in wax paper and placed in a sealed container. Wait until they have firmed a good bit before trying to cut. Makes it less messy. A good spray of oil would probably help them release a bit better. 



SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BARS
4/ 5
Oleh