Navigation List

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

TEXAS SHEET CAKE

I made this for my daughter's preschool valentine lunch. It was soooo delicious; the teachers and kids loved it. I especially loved the icing; it is incredibly fudgy and yummy.

I left out the walnuts but am sure they would be great. Definitely need to spread the icing on right out of the oven while the cake's still hot.
Delicious. I melted the butter/chocolate first to let it cool while preparing the other ingredients. Blended the dry, whisked the eggs and sour cream in a separate bowl, then added them to the dry.

Slowly poured in the warm chocolate while mixing so as not to cook the eggs. Added the powdered sugar to the frosting as the cake was coming out of the oven and immediately poured on the frosting. Everyone loved it. Will make it again!

TEXAS SHEET CAKE
4/ 5
Oleh