Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

TERIYAKI CHICKEN NOODLE BOWLS

I have enjoyed teriyaki many times at Japanese restaurants. If I've made it at home I've probably just bought a bottle of teriyaki sauce and brushed it on some chicken. This is an authentic version. I'm very glad I did it. The term teriyaki comes from of two Japanese words ‘teri' and ‘yaki'. Teri refers to the shine or luster of the glazed sauce, and yaki means to broil or grill the meat

If I make them again I will try to make the sauce thicker by using less water and maybe using brown sugar instead of white sugar.Cooking for 20 minutes sucks the life out of the chicken and makes it tough. I read other people's reviews and looked in my pressure cooker manual which said to only cook thighs 8-10 minutes, so our chicken breasts and thighs were incredibly tender and moist. Wonderful flavor. good combination with noodle. 


TERIYAKI CHICKEN NOODLE BOWLS

This Teriyaki is pretty good but would be even better with a couple of cloves of minced garlic. I would double or triple the ginger too. Broiling worked well, Chicken thighs are pretty thin and cook really fast. I didn't get the 'finish' I would have liked using the broiler. Grilling over direct heat and glazing the entire time would have been easier and produced a better glazed finish to the chicken without over cooking it.




TERIYAKI CHICKEN NOODLE BOWLS
4/ 5
Oleh