Navigation List

Thursday, September 26, 2019

STUFFED POTATO CAKES | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE

I saw them this morning and I had to make them today!! I just finished and I got a bit stuck with the actual filling of the cakes. I tried to shape them into a ball and then make a well but I could not manage to add the filling that way, the dough would break. I ended up making 6 of them by splitting the dough in half and using the second half to close them. With the rest of the dough I made a few flat empty pancakes that I will use as a side to my lunch tomorrow!


Stuffed potato cakes

Prep Time
15 mins
Cook/Chill Time
30 mins
Total Time
45 mins

Ingredients
Dough:
1 kg potatoes (*see recipe notes)
80 g white rice flour (1/2 cup) (*see recipe notes)
40 g cornstarch or tapioca flour (1/3 cup)
salt, pepper, nutmeg (to taste)
Filling:
250 g mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
1/2 of a zucchini, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
spice mix: 1 tsp Italian spice blend, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 red pepper flakes
Additional ingredients:
oil for frying
vegan cheese to taste

Instructions
Dough:
  1. Peel potatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in salted water for about 20 minutes.
  2. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg and mash them with a potato masher. (Please do not use a food processor, otherwise, the mashed potatoes will be sticky).
  3. visit Stuffed potato cakes @ elavegan.com for the complete instructions
STUFFED POTATO CAKES | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE
4/ 5
Oleh