Navigation List

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

AVOCADO CUPCAKES

Oh my goodness this is AMAZING! I had dark cocoa powder and pure vanilla (not extract) so those are the only substitutes, if you could call it that, that I made to this recipe. I don't think I'll EVER make chocolate frosting any other way again. I LOVED THIS! And so did all of my Crossfit friends this morning!! Thank you for sharing this recipe - I'll never have to feel guilty about 'cheating' again.

I found this recipe looking for a healthy alternative frosting, just knowing that I wouldn't find one. I seriously had my doubts about it but decided what the heck, the worse thing that could happen is that I'd toss it and say that I'd tried. Well, much to my surprise, it is AMAZING! I didn't want to lick the spoon, I was kind of scared to, thinking it would just taste like avocado. Well, I don't taste any of it, just the sweet goodness of chocolate! It was all I could do to stop myself from eating the whole batch! I made half a batch, used Maple Syrup in place of the honey, added a heaping tsp of espresso powder.

I used frozen avocado halves (bought at Costco), let them come to room temperature & they worked perfect. Other than that I followed the recipe as written. I am very picky and this definitely passed my taste test! I have a chocolate cake cooling and will add this frosting, top it with unsweetened coconut & chopped cashew & almonds! I can hardly stand the wait!!! Thanks for the recipe! Any of you who have doubts, try it! You may be pleasantly surprised as I was!


AVOCADO CUPCAKES


INGREDIENTS

Cupcakes:
1½ cups of flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 ripe avocado
¾ cup vegetable oil
⅔ cup of milk + 1 tbs

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powder sugar
½ cup of butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with cupcake lines.
  • Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
  • Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
  • Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside.
  • Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
  • Lower the mixer to medium, with mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
  • Add the avocado mash.
  • Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk on low speed. Starting and ending with dry ingredients.
  • Divide the batter between the cupcake cups.
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
  • Cool completely before frosting.
  • Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined.
  • Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!



AVOCADO CUPCAKES
4/ 5
Oleh