Navigation List

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

CHICKEN BACON SPINACH GRILLED CHEESE

This is a recipe I came up with while trying to use up some leftovers from another recipe. You can add more or less pepper depending on your taste. My family liked it hope you do to.
Really delicious--if you like blue cheese. My husband calls this one a keeper. Instead of browning on the stove, I simply breaded these in breadcrumbs and crushed nuts and baked them. 

You can prepare several servings at once, freeze before baking, thaw and then bake at a later date. So I triple this recipe--not much more work, but we get three separate dinners out of it. You know, I was actually going to make up a recipe for spinach and blue cheese stuffed chicken breasts, but came here first to see if there was a recipe for what I had in mind. 

This is almost it! These are my changes: I only had fresh spinach so I wilted it in the micro (one-minute intervals...man that stuff shrinks!). Mixed it with blue cheese. I then pounded my chicken breasts, spread the cheese mixture on one side and rolled it up, wrapping two whole, raw bacon slices around it. I skipped the browning with flour and olive oil- as the bacon cooked in the oven it took care of that part. I loves this dish! Tasted hubby's and it was good, although not as good as mine, because I LOVE blue cheese.


CHICKEN BACON SPINACH GRILLED CHEESE 


INGREDIENTS

For grilled cheese:
2 large slices sourdough bread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise (recipe below)
4 slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American
3 chicken tenders, grilled
3 strips crispy bacon
1 small handful fresh baby spinach

For garlic mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
For sandwiches:
  1. Lay out bread and spread 1 tablespoon butter on 1 side of each slice of bread, flip over.
  2. Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on the inside of each slice of bread.
  3. Top one slice with 2 slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American, chicken tender, bacon, spinach and remaining 2 slices cheese.
  4. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side out.
  5. Heat a griddle panini maker to medium heat and add sandwich. Close the panini maker and cook slowly on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the inside of the sandwich is hot. The outside of the bread should be golden and toasted.
  6. Let cool for 2 minutes and cut in half.

For garlic mayonnaise:
  1. Mix all together and keep refrigerated until ready to use.


CHICKEN BACON SPINACH GRILLED CHEESE
4/ 5
Oleh