Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

CHICKEN FRIED RICE

One of the best things about fried rice is there is no wrong way of making it. You can pretty much put whatever you want in it. I always use Peas, carrots, and onions for my veggies. And whatever meat i have on hand.. Diced ham is always good, or shrimp. chicken, Or whatever meat you have left over, and eggs of course. It always turns out best if the rice is @ room temp. when cooking.Prevents it from getting mooshy on you. Even letting the rice set overnight.I always use a lil bit of soy sauce and salt as well.I have experimented with diff. grains of rice. I find that the short sticky rice, set at room temp. works the best. Unless you like the "fall apart" type of fried rice, then use long grain. The choice is yours :)

As with others, I used basmati rice and added the peas. One hint for getting the rice to brown: after cooking it (I use a steamer), allow the rice to cool completely before frying it. I found this technique in another fried rice recipe and it really makes a difference.A perfectly pleasant fried rice dish. I marinated my chicken for about a hour in a soy sauce mixture (with some other Asian flavorings added in: garlic, ginger, sesame oil, etc.), which gave the chicken a nice flavor.


CHICKEN FRIED RICE

This fried rice was awesome! I served it with General Tsaos Chicken, so I ommited the chicken and mushrooms. The frying of the rice is an exercise in PATIENCE. It takes quite a while, and you may have to add more butter. Using white rice that has been refrigerated for 24 hours is key! Also, we used 4 eggs, 'cause we like them. I mixed them up in a bowl and poured them directly over the rice during the end of cooking/frying. Perfect! My brother is from NYC and said it was just as good as any take out in the city.



CHICKEN FRIED RICE
4/ 5
Oleh