Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

HEALTHY MEALS MONDAYS : CHICKEN LIME LETTUCE WRAP

These are so yummy! They taste really close to the lettuce wraps that you can order from that famous Asian restaurant chain. The number of servings will depend on if this is an appetizer or main course for you and how big you make them. If an appetizer, then maybe 6 servings; if a main dish, then 4 servings.e made this for our Grey Cup Party and it was a huge hit! The spice level is very pleasing for everyone but if it was just my husband and I eating it I would definitely make it much more spicy.

I used romaine lettuce and green pepper instead of red, but I doubt that made that much of a difference. Definitely liked the dipping sauce directly on top of the chicken mixture. Will make again! Was so looking forward to lettuce wraps tonight...what a disappointment. I've made this twice now. The first time, strictly to finally use up some ground chicken I had in my freezer. The second time, I used chicken thighs , and -- wow!-- what a difference. 


HEALTHY MEALS MONDAYS : CHICKEN LIME LETTUCE WRAP 

They were both very good, but the juiciness of the thigh meat really added so much to the texture and flavor. Sure there is a lot of chopping and sure the ingredient list is long, but it's all easy stuff to chop and all of the ingredients are things I keep in my kitchen most of the time anyway. The payoff is worth the trouble. The flavor is really complex and delicious and there's just a little bit of kick from the hot pepper.



HEALTHY MEALS MONDAYS : CHICKEN LIME LETTUCE WRAP
4/ 5
Oleh