Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

COCONUT OIL RICE CRISPY TREATS

I changed up the normal every day Rice Crispie treat recipe a little bit one day when my 6 year old son and I were looking through the kitchen to see what we could add.yummy! and simple. although I strayed from the directions and just used a one-bowl, microwave method: melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, add the marshmallows, microwave for 20 or 30 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth. Instead of using a buttered spoon, just wet your fingers a little with water and get on in there with your hands. the krispies won't stick to your fingers, and it's a lot easier than using a spoon.

This treat is easy to make and "oh so good"!! Treats were a huge hit at the office. These are so delicious! There really isn't that much coconut in them, but the flavor really comes through. I wasn't sure how they would turn out using only 5 cups of cereal (versus 6 cups when making regular krispie treats), but they are perfect! Definately will be making these again.


COCONUT OIL RICE CRISPY TREATS

I needed to use my gluten-free rice cereal (reg) and marshmallows but wanted a slightly different rice krispie bar. These were simply delicious! Since, I only had regular rice cereal, I added about 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder and whisked it with melted butter. SO easy to make. I wish I had packed the treats tighter so the end result would be more dense.



COCONUT OIL RICE CRISPY TREATS
4/ 5
Oleh