Navigation List

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Eggnog Pie

I'd used half the amount of sugar that was used, add 1tsp of salt, added 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, used vanilla bean paste instead of the vanilla extract and instead of 3 whole eggs, I used 1 egg and two egg yolks for more of a custard texture. Plus, I place it in the oven for 50 mins to an hour. It came out delicious and I and my friend enjoyed it a lot.

EXCELLANT, use a 10 inch pie pan, check time, little longer cook time is normal, very much like Magnolia (buttermilk) pie but with eggnog. I used our favorite eggnog Southern Comfort Spiced Vanilla and I used the amount of vanilla the recipe called for. I didn't make any other changes. Currently trying in a hot water bath with no crust since the 5 year old doesn't care for crust. Family fav, one to print for the recipe box.

I made this pie for the first time for the Thanksgiving holiday. The recipe was simple and easy to follow. I used a 9 inch deep dish pie crust and baked it on a baking sheet. It took approximately an hour and not the time stated in the recipe. We really enjoyed it! The texture and the flavor were spot on.






Eggnog Pie

INGREDIENTS

makes two pies
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding mix (4-serving size)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 quart (4 cups) eggnog
1 12-oz. tub cool whip, thawed and divided
2 9-inch graham cracker crusts

INSTRUCTIONS

Add pudding mix and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Pour in eggnog and mix on low speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the cool whip until well combined. Pour mixture evenly into graham cracker crusts. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or until set. Serve with remaining cool whip. Garnish with a dusting of nutmeg if desired.

Eggnog Pie
4/ 5
Oleh