Navigation List

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

No Bake Reeses Krispy Cookies

I've made these many times, and I find that chocolate cake mix doesn't make them chocolately enough. My favorite combo is butter pecan cake mix with pecans and toffee bits. I've done orange cake mix with grated peel in the frosting, and lemon with lemon peel in the frosting. I have found this to be true no matter what kind I make: they taste better after sitting covered for a day. The flavorings in the cake mix mellow-out, and they taste really yummy.

For being such a quick cookie these were pretty good! I used a cherry chip cake mix, but I'm not wild about the fake cherry taste. My 3-year old thinks they're great. I put chocolate chips in mine. Given the texture of the dough, I think this would work well in a cookie press too - that's going to be my next experiment! Nice to have a cookie recipe I can mix up and bake.


No Bake Reeses Krispy Cookies




INGREDIENTS

4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
5 regular sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside and place your Rice Krispies in a large
  • mixing bowl
  • In a large microwave safe bowl, combine your corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter and cook on
  • high heat for 2­3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until your mixture is evenly combined
  • Pour your peanut butter mixture over your Rice Krispies and mix
  • Now mix in your chocolate chips
  • After a couple minutes, mix in your crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to avoid them fully
  • melting
  • Spoon your treats out with a ice cream scoop and onto your lined baking pan, let cool, then
  • using your hand or a spatula, slightly flatten them. (So they look more like a thick cookie instead
  • of a ball)


No Bake Reeses Krispy Cookies
4/ 5
Oleh