Navigation List

Saturday, October 26, 2019

HEALTHY AVOCADO BROWNIES

First of all, I did not make this recipe because it was vegan, I made it because it is a Myplate sponsored recipe. After reading the reviews, I decided to leave the oil out entirely. The recipe author said that the avocado replaced butter in this recipe, so I couldn't wrap my head around the need for any more oil if it was a replacement for oil. There is enough "oil" with the combination of the avocado, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Next, I halved the recipe and made it in an 8x8 baking dish. I used regular 1% milk in place of the soy milk (Again, not looking for this to be vegan) and doubled the amount called for. 

I didn't bother with "cooking the chocolate, sugar and pb until bubbly like candy"...I simply melted the pb with the chocolate chips in the microwave. I think cooking melted chocolate chips to this degree of heat would cause the chocolate to seize, giving you a gritty texture. I used my magic bullet to combine the milk and the avocado and then combined the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl (including the sugar, which I reduced to 1/2 cup for half this recipe). I added the melted chocolate/pb, the avocado/milk, a 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and the flour mixture together and combined until just mixed. I baked them for about 20 -25 minutes in an 8x8" pan and they came out really nice. Not greasy at all. Smooth and fudgy.



Followed recipe instructions, and it came out great. Family all enjoyed brownies! I'm not Vegan, but this recipe perked my interest!!


========================================================================


HEALTHY AVOCADO BROWNIES
4/ 5
Oleh