Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

HEALTHY RECIPE: GRILLED TILAPIA SPINACH SALAD

A wonderful mixture of fresh flavors that make it feel like summertime in no time. his was very good as well as quick and easy! I wasn't sure how I'd like the five-spice with fish, but it worked very well (and it masked the smell of the fish as it was cooking--bonus). I used catfish because the market was out of tilapia, and I added pecans because I didn't have enough almonds. The spinach, fish, and tomatoes worked really well together. I had lots of leftover salad, and it was delicious on its own (with dressing) the next day.

If you are planning on serving this to four people I would double the amount of tilapia. My husband and I ate half of the salad portion but put an entire tilapia filet on top and it was the perfect amount of fish.




HEALTHY RECIPE: GRILLED TILAPIA SPINACH SALAD

The salad and fish combo with the dressing were delicious. What a lovely and healthy alternative to traditional fish recipes!  I also didn't have the five-spice, so I made my own with cinnamon, cloves, and anise. It was a delicious combination. I served it over rice.

HEALTHY RECIPE: GRILLED TILAPIA SPINACH SALAD
4/ 5
Oleh