Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

THE MAC AND CHEESE

Very creamy and yummy. If you think your sauce is too runny before pouring it over the macaroni, it's not. I was very nervous that my sauce was not thick enough, but once I poured it over the macaroni and baked it, the dish turned out wonderful!Prepare yourself for a heart attack on a plate but well worth it. I added onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and used crumbled ritz crackers as the topping. I thought the sauce was too runny when I poured it in the pan, but as the others said, it really thickens up when in the oven. 

My 2 year old loves it as do we. We accompanied it with steamed broccoli for a little healthy upswing.I agree that a dash of dry mustard is missing from this recipe. Also, if you reallly want a rich taste, try substituting half of the milk with evaporated milk. The evaporated milk gives Mac & Cheese an amazingly rich & creamy taste. Other than those two things, it's pretty good!


THE MAC AND CHEESE 

This is an amazing base recipe. I boiled the noodles in 1:1 chicken broth and water, added ham and used only one cup of cheddar and added a cup of mozzarella. Wonderful! When I made the sauce, it looked like more than what I'd need. But, it bakes up firm and creamy. I made a couple tweaks though - I added about a cup more cheese than what it called for. I also used a mixture of marble cheddar, colby, monterrey jack and parmesan. It still needs something though - maybe some pepper and worchester sauce in the sauce. Crumbled bacon would be yummy too. Will probably make again.



THE MAC AND CHEESE
4/ 5
Oleh