Navigation List

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Mint Oreo Layer Dessert

I was a little concerned when I read a few of the other reviews about there not being enough chocolate. I doubled the amount of chocolate oreo and used the amount of mint oreo as stated. It created a wonderful deep layer, next time I think I will also double the mint oreo just to make it look more appealing. The mint oreo layer was not too strong, just a wonderful refreshing flavor. Its so easy to make, I know I will making this again and again.

So easy, so fool proof. No matter the variation these will turn out great. I used cream cheeseInstant Chocolate Pudding and Oreo Mint Crème Cookies for the layers So good. I need to hide these from me will be added to the yearly Christmas baking.


Mint Oreo Layer Dessert

INGREDIENTS

1 (15 oz) package Oreo Mint Crème Cookies
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 (3.9 oz.) packages Instant Chocolate Pudding
3 1/4 cup cold milk
2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
Green Food Coloring

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until crushed. (You could also put the cookies in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin). Reserve 1/2 cup of the crushed Oreo crumbs for topping.
  • Pour remaining crumbs into a 9x13'' baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the Oreo crumbs and gently toss with a spoon. Press the mixture firmly into the pan to form a crust.
  • In a large bowl whisk together the chocolate pudding mixes and milk. Refrigerate.
  • In another bowl blend together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in one container of Cool Whip. Add one drop of green food coloring, if desired.
  • Gently spread this mixture evenly over the Oreo crust. Pour chocolate pudding over the cream cheese mixture and smooth into an even layer.
  • Dollop small spoonfuls of the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the pudding and gently smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle reserved Oreo crumbs on top.
  • Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Sometimes I even put it in the freezer, then remove it about 20-30 minutes before I serve it.


Mint Oreo Layer Dessert
4/ 5
Oleh