Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

NEW YORK-STYLE COFFEE CAKE CRUMB MUFFINS

My friend told me to submit this Refrigerator Bran Muffin recipe from my sister-in-law. It's awesome and easy! The mix can sit in the refrigerator for up to a week, just stir before making. Easy to make. A little time consuming, yet if you are making more than muffins, this recipe definately helps with other kitchen tasks. I used flavored coffee and it gives the muffins a small hint of flavor.

A light, not-too-sweet coffee cake dough is topped with brown sugar and walnuts and baked until golden brown. These were good although I did make a few adjustments. I used pecans (I agree, they are better) and I layered the whole thing. Putting a bit of dough, then a lot of topping, then a bit of dough and a lot of topping. As well, press the topping down on the top cause once it cooks not all of mine stuck but they were otherwise great warm with a bit of butter. YUM!


NEW YORK-STYLE COFFEE CAKE CRUMB MUFFINS

I've made this recipe a few times now and really love these muffins! I use Greek coffee, and oats instead of bran. I also add a little extra buttermilk (or plain yoghurt, depending on what I have available), vanilla essence, and dried cranberries or raisins, and whatever nuts I have. I don't leave the batter in the fridge but bake them straight away. These muffins are awesome for breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cup of fresh coffee!



NEW YORK-STYLE COFFEE CAKE CRUMB MUFFINS
4/ 5
Oleh