Navigation List

Thursday, September 26, 2019

HOMEMADE TOFFEE

I made this this year for my annual Christmas Cookie Days. Two days, me , a kitchen, and over a dozen recipes of cookies to whip out. This year I wanted to do a little more than cookies, and I love toffee, so I decided to try it. It came out perfect! My sister said “It’s like you didn’t make it, but that you bought it.” Yes, people it was that yummy. And, on top of the taste being super yummy it was super easy to do. I doubled my batch, but it came out… well, I could ask for it to come out any better. It is now a Christmas Cookie Day staple.


HOMEMADE TOFFEE

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup whole raw almonds
  • 1 cup butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup finely chopped pecans


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Get all of your ingredients measured and set out before you start the recipe. Then place your almonds on a plate and microwave them for 2-3 minutes on high to toast them. Line a baking sheet (preferable a 9x13 pan) with foil and place the almonds in a single layer on the foil - space them out as best you can.
  2. Add sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt to a large sauce pan (at least 2-quarts and it needs to have a thick bottom - not a thin metal one or your toffee will burn!) and melt over medium heat, stirring throughout.
  3. get full instructions @ therecipecritic.com
HOMEMADE TOFFEE
4/ 5
Oleh