Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

RASPBERRY AND CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

This is a light and fluffy mousse with a wonderful raspberry sauce. Great layered like a parfait then frozen. Additional Raspberry sauce can be spooned over cakes or served with mousse. 

This came together perfectly and made for a lovely presentation in parfait glasses. It just wasn't anything I'd make again. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something was off, maybe the combination of the three flavors, or maybe Grand Marnier was not the best choice of liqueur. This was just okay, and there are many better mousse, raspberry, and chocolate recipes than this. None of my dinner guests were particularly impressed either, but for those who are going to give this recipe a shot my suggestion would be to try Cassis, or Chambord, or leave the liqueur out altogether.


Raspberry And Chocolate Mousse

I have made this a few times, and while the mousse is fantastic, if you don't get fresh, ripe raspberries, the sauce is way too tart. :( Also, make sure to fold the mousse together and not overmix it or it'll start to curdle!

Excellent mousse! I made my raspberry sauce a little differently- I smashed frozen raspberries in a sauce pot and added enough water and sugar to make a sauce. Once the mixture melted down a bit, I strained it and returned to to the pot. I added about 1T cornstarch in water and brought to a light boil. It was sweet and glossy! Layered with mouse and garnished with a raspberry and mint. So pretty!!



RASPBERRY AND CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
4/ 5
Oleh