Navigation List

Thursday, October 24, 2019

SANTA VEGGIE TRAY

Amazingly good! The herbed-oil mixture is what sets this apart from every other tomato/mozz appy out there. I brought this to a BBQ with my husband yesterday and I've already been told not to show up for christmas without it. LOL I layered all the ingredients on thin slices of bread. I worried that the bread would get stale or soggy but it actually was great. It not only gave you something to pick it by to eat it, but it soaked up the tasty oil and vinegar and was like you'd dipped bread in infused oil.

I doubled the oil recipe because I was making two trays. I used fresh parsley and basil (I agree with everyone else that fresh herbs are a MUST for this) and followed another reviewers suggestion of subbing a little salt for the capers. With 4 large cloves of garlic, it was a little garlic-y for my liking but everyone else at the party said they loved the strong garlic taste. I would probably use 3 cloves next time. I also omitted the red pepper (just forgot about it honestly but we never missed it) and drizzled balsalmic vinegar over everything after drizzing the oil. Very impressive presentation and excellent results.


SANTA VEGGIE TRAY



INGREDIENTS

Red Bell Peppers
Cherry Tomatoes
Cauliflower
Cucumbers
Black Olives
Marzetti Veggie Dips (I used Ranch)
Knife
Cutting Board
Serving Tray
Small Round Condiment Container (preferably white)

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Start by washing all of your fresh vegetables and lay onto paper towels to dry.
  • Peel the skin off your cucumbers and then cut them into round slices.
  • Arrange your cucumbers by placing them on the middle of the tray. This will resemble Santa’s face.
  • Cut your red bell peppers into thin strips and the arrange them into a triangle on top of the line of cauliflower. The idea is to make it look like a hat.
  • Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces. You want to make enough to create Santa’s beard and lining of his hat.
  • Place the cauliflower pieces below the cucumbers forming a beard-like shape. On the opposite side, place cauliflower around the cucumbers to form the white lining of Santa’s hat.
  • Add cherry tomatoes around the bottom of Santa’s beard. You want this to resemble his red suit.
  • Fill your small round condiment container with some of the Marzetti ranch dressing and place it onto the end of the hat. This will serve at the ball on Santa’s hat.

SANTA VEGGIE TRAY
4/ 5
Oleh