Navigation List

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Spicy Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs

This was a good recipe, although I modified it slightly. I halved the recipe as 7 portions was too much food. In the meatball portion of the recipe, I didn't have soy sauce, so I used worcestershire sauce instead. The meatballs came out perfectly, nice and soft, and I cooked them in the oven as explained, but before I covered the meatballs with the sauce, I flipped them over, so they could be cooked evenly on both sides.

Next time I would lower the temperature 25 degrees, as I used a pyrex pan. For the sauce, instead of cranberries, I used 3/4 cup of lingonberries and 1/4 cup of blueberry preserves. I used garlic BBQ sauce and prange juice instead of lemon juice. Once the sauce simmered and then cooked on the actual meatballs, the flavours blended perfectly. I would definitely make again and perhaps attempt a version in the crockpot.

Spicy Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs




INGREDIENTS

2 14-ounce packages frozen meatballs
1 14-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
1 17-ounce bottle spicy barbecue sauce


INSTRUCTIONS
  • Combine sauces over medium heat in a large deep skillet and cook until bubbly.
  • Add meatballs in a single layer and stir to coat completely. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until meatballs are heated through; about 15 minutes for frozen.
  • Remove cover and continue to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced and completely coating the meatballs.
  • Serve on their own as an appetizer, or as a main dish over rice.
  • For slow cooker method, place meatballs in the slow cooker and pour sauces over. Stir ingredients together and cook on low for a few hours or until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving.


Spicy Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs
4/ 5
Oleh