Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE

I've looked and looked for a recipe for scallops that was tasty yet elegant. I searched through 30 recipes and out of those I got ideas and came up with this. Nice recipe but 3 minutes per side for scallops is way too long! Scallops will cook in half that time or less. I did make some changes tho. I wrapped the scallops in prosciutto. Then I combined olive oil, lemon zest, salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice. Brushed that on the scallops (both sides) just before broiling them. I made sauce as written and I added spinach. I will definitely be making this again :)

I thought this was definitly a keeper! Only changed one thing. The sauce did have to be thickened, and I did so with butter and flour. Did it separately then added it to the mustard Cream Sauce.his recipe was so delicious! I doubled it and even added in the 4 oz of cream with the cornstarch but I still had to simmer for quite a while to get it to thicken. No problem though - just will remember it for next time. :o) Other than that it was fab and tasty!


SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE

Pretty good. The cream ended up quite liquid and not quite thick enough. Otherwise, tasty and easy.The sauce is definitely what makes this dish! The scallops are not really the star of the dish as it's just simple in flavors. The cream sauce is drinkable! If I was having bread, I would love to have a baguette to dip the remainder in. If you have any of the sauce left over, I would recommend pouring over some steamed clams or mussels.



SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
4/ 5
Oleh